10 Mar 2014

Sibling Tag With My Sister

One of my favourite tags is the sibling tag, it's a series of questions which you and your sibling(s) answer and discuss, I wanted to do this with both my siblings but as I don't get to see my Brother that often it's hard to find time when we're all together, so I've just done it with my sister and hopefully sometime soon, if my brother agrees then there may be a part 2. It's more of a youtuber thing but as I don't have a youtube channel yet and I don't plan on getting one in the near future I've decided to write out a tag video. We just recorded ourselves answering the questions and I've typed it out.

Without further ado here is our conversation:

Q1) Who is the oldest?

Abi: Becky isss...
Me: I'm the oldest, I'm 21 and Abi is?
Abi: 18.

Q2) Any nicknames?

Abi: Yours is Boo, what, is it for each other?
Me: Yeah, do we have any nicknames that we call each other.
Abi: Bex.
Me: You've had loads of nicknames
Abi: Oh yeah.
Me: You've had Scabby....
Abi:...Gappy,
Me: Gappy. Piranha was one?
Abi: Yeah
Me: Troll..
Abi: Ginger?
Me: Yeah Ginger, erm, what else have you had? You weren't trout? You was troll.
Abi: You was trout but I didn't ever call you trout, so I'm clearly the nice sister.
Me: Have you ever called me nicknames?
Abi: I just call you Bex.
Me: Have you never called me anything else?
Abi: No *Laughs* I'm the nice one.
Me: *Laughs* Guess you are.

Q3) Funniest memories of each other?

Abi: *Laughs Hysterically* 
Me: What? Whats funny?
Abi: I know my one of you.
Me: Okay, go on then.
Abi: *Laughs* 
Me: Is it funny or bad?
Abi: You won't like it.
Me: I wont?
Abi: No. It was the time when we were walking to the bus stop...
Me: Aw yeah, thats fine.
Abi: .. and then, erm, there was this massive curb and then you tripped up the curb and you went proper slow motion until you fell down and everytime I think of it makes me laugh.
Me: Yeah but I've fallen over so many times.
Abi: but that was the funniest. *Giggles*
Me: That wasn't that long ago though.
Abi: I know.
Me: Have you got any other funny memories of me when I was younger?
Abi: Errrrm, I don't know.
Me: My funniest memory of you, it's not even funny though, it's just a memory I remember that was big, it's actually quite sad.
Abi: Ohhhh..
Me: It was when you choked on the pringle and nearly died
Abi: *Laughs*
Me: It's not even funny.
Abi: Another was when, we weren't like really young but it was when you wouldn't get off the computer and I threw a nail polish bottle at your head.
Me: That wasn't funny?
Abi: It's funny now because I was like "If you don't get off the computer now then I'm going to throw this nail polish at your head" and you were like "You wouldn't dare!" and then turned around and carried on and I was like "Wanna bet?" and I threw it and your face was hilarious.
Me: Then I pounced on you and was pounding you on the leg
Abi: and it was funny because we were in separate rooms crying....
Me: Did I make your lip bleed then?
Abi: Yeah  I had like a puffed up lip *giggles*
Me: Do you know my funniest memory of you? I remember it now. It was when we were in Tattenhoe and we got these chocolate buttons for Jazz....
Abi: Ohh I know.
Me: ...and we gave you one so that you could give to the dog and you assumed they were real chocolate buttons and you ate it, you turned around a few seconds later and went "This chocolate button tastes funny" and we all just burst out laughing and said "Your not suppose to eat it, it's for the dog. It's dog chocolate not for you." That was so funny. Actually there's been quite a few funny memories. One when I asked you where Lapland is and you thought it was in Australia.
Abi: Yeah but someone told me that Lapland was actually hot and I know Australia is hot.
Me: *Giggles* and another one, what was it to do with? the microwave and 60 seconds?
Abi: Oh yeah I was like "you're only suppose to leave it in for a minute and I left it for 60 seconds"
Me: *Laughs* and I was like "That is a minute"
Abi:  and I was like "Ohhh yeah"

Q4) Most memorable argument?

Me: *Laughs* That was the nail polish one we mentioned earlier
Abi: Yeahh, we proper got in a fight about that.
Me: That one and the one when I couldn't find my earplugs.
Abi: You woke me up and you like locked me in the bedroom, you wouldn't let me sleep and you were like "You're going to help me find these earplugs" and then I got really angry at you and you got really angry with me.
Me: I remember one argument, I don't actually know what it was actually about, but I remember we didn't speak for about 4 or 5 days. It was summer, and we were living in this house, we were in the garden and mum was trying to get us to make up. I think I was 18 at the time and you were 16 and apparently I said something really mean about you and Mum made me go for a walk, so me and Mum went for a walk and she was talking to me, trying to get me to make up with you.
Abi: I remember what you said, but I can't remember what it was about.
Me: What was it I said?
Abi: It was something like, erm, "I wish you were dead so that..." it was something like "I wish you were dead so you...I wouldn't have to be your sister" or something like that.
Me: Did I really say that?
Abi: or something like "I'd rather you die" something like that, really mean
Me: *Shocked* Realllly? Did I really say that?
Abi: It was something like that, it really really hurt me and then thats why I didn't talk to you
Me: ...Nooo?
Abi: It was something along those lines.
Me: I think I remember the argument being about a boy, I couldn't understand at your age, at sixteen you were getting so involved and upset over a boy. I remember mum was having ago at me, because we are complete opposites and mum was saying that I don't trust enough and I don't open up enough and you trust too much. I was like "Love is stupid and you shouldn't ever fall in love"
Abi: Yeah and I was like the opposite
Me: Yeah and you was like you're so cynical.
Abi: I think that was it, but you got really nasty with me and I wouldn't talk to you after that.
Me: I can't remember what I said or what you said but we didn't talks for days
Abi: Then you came into the garden and just like started a conversation with me, I think you got annoyed I wasn't talking to you.
Me: No I remember Mum made me go for a walk and her telling me off, telling me I had to make more of an effort with you
Abi: I remember not talking to you and you thinking I was gonna give in and I didn't and then eventually you started a conversation with me.
Me: Probably, because you're more stubborn than me
Abi: Yeah *Giggles*
Me: Whenever we fall out, it's always me who ends up apologising *Giggles*
Abi: Yeah I won't apologise
Me: *Laughs*

Q5) Most cherished memories?

Abi: *Laughs* We don't have cherished memories!
Me: No we do.
Abi: When we went to potter world.
Me: Yeah that was a cherished memory. I liked when we went to Sheffield together.
Abi: Yeah that was really nice.
Me: I liked sharing that experience with you.
Abi: When we use to play teddies and we use to do the crane
Me: Oh yeahhh, oh yeahhh! When we was younger, Mum would send us to bed and we would never go to bed, we would play teddies and all these other games.
Abi: You still use to threaten me though *Laughs* you were like "I'm not going to play with you unless I get this teddy"
Me: True. When we was younger, or even now, we've always stuck together like a pair, like if we ever went out to places, like a theme park we always stuck together. It was always like I'm sitting with Abi
Abi: Yeah. even like now when we go out for a meal we always sit next to each other.
Me:  Do you remember that time we went to Wimpy and I bought you that really big BBQ burger?
Abi: *Giggles* Yeah.
Me: It was the most expensive burger on the menu! Did you eat all?
Abi: I think so.
Me: I was like "You're never going to eat that" and I think you actually did.
*Few seconds later*
Me: No, I think my most cherished memory, probably, was when we went to Sheffield because I really enjoyed that.
Abi: I really enjoyed that day, it was such a good day

Q6) Do you have any old photo's together?

Abi: Yeah we do, I like the one where I'm in that velvet dress and you've got your arm around me
Me: I'll have a look, there is loads on facebook and I'll add them on.

Sorry Abi I couldn't find the one you like.
Abi and Me (Circa 1995)

Abi and Me Circa 1998
Abi and Me Circa 2000
Abi and Me on Holiday in 2008
Me, Dad and Abi at Dad's wedding in 2009
Abi and Me on Hunstanton beach in 2011
Me and Abi at our cousins wedding in Oct 2013

Q7) The last thing you talked/texted about?

Abi: Ermmmm....
Me: It was about your night at work really wasn't it? or that film you was watching?
Abi: Yeah, erm. It's hard to tell, I think that questions more for people who like don't see each other very often.
Me: Lets change it to the last thing we text about.
Abi: I don't know what that is?
Me: I'll find out.
Abi: Okay.
Me: ha, about Mcdonalds. I asked you, "If you go to Mcdonalds can you get me a Mcflurry"
Abi: *Laughs*
Me: and you said you would but then you said you weren't gonna go because Mum and Darryl look tired.
Abi: *Laughs*
Me: That was the last thing we texted about....Mcdonalds!
Abi: Mcdonalds, we've got our priorities right.

Q8) Are you close?

Abi: Yeah, we are now.
Me: Yeah we're very close now aren't we?
Abi: Yeah, we wasn't before.
Me: Well we kind of went through a phase, when we were really really young we were quite close and then when we got to about....
Abi: When I got to about 12 and you were like...really mean to me.
Me: No you were younger than that. When you was about 8 onwards, because it was kinda like you and Matt would side against me.
Abi: Mmmm
Me: Then when I got to about 17 we got on for a little bit
Abi: Yeah
Me: I'd probably say it's in the last 2 to 3 years that we get on now.
Abi: Yeah I'd say the same.
Me: but we get on really well now.
Abi: Yeah, I think because we are both older and understand each other more.
Me: Yeah
Abi: Before we didn't get on because we were so different.
Me: but we're still different.
Abi: We're still different but we've just accepted that.
Me: Like I don't try and tell you what to do anymore *Giggles* because it's just not going to work. When I was younger, I use to try and tell you what to do,
Abi: Yeah, I don't get as frustrated with you anymore.
Me: No, I just let you get on with what you wanna do now. I've given up trying. *Laughs*
Abi: *Laughs* Yeah.

Q9) What annoys you the most about each other?

Abi: Ermmmm
Me: Oh dear. Right mine with you is: your be having a conversation with Abi and she'll be listening but she'll be on her phone the whole time, texting and I'm just like "Can you just put your phone down for a few seconds"
Abi: *Laughs Hysterically*
Me: and also when I want to play a game on her phone, she won't let me play it, she is so protective over her phone.
Abi: Yeah, I'm like "NO!"
*Few seconds later*
Abi: Mine with you is that you are superrrr hyperactive sometimes...
Me: and then really grumpy?
Abi: well no, I don't mind it when you're grumpy
Me: *Laughs*
Abi: but when your super hyperactive, you just have so much to say and you go really crazy and you sometimes start poking me or stand in my way so I can't get past you.
Me: I've got ADHD man (It's a joke, I don't really)
Abi: *Giggles*
Me: Also another thing, which annoyed me about you which has stopped. You'd always come in my room and steal my dry shampoo, but I forced you to buy your own.
Abi: Yeah, I buy my own now. I always use to get scared like "Oh no Becky's going to find out"
Me: That time you lied to me, I caught you coming from my room and I said "Nicking my dry shampoo again?" and you said "Noo I was nicking.." what was it you were nicking?
Abi: No I didn't just use your dry shampoo, I used something else.
Me: yeah and I asked you and you said "Nooo" and then I came up to my room and smelt it and went "ABI YOU LIED!"
Abi: I was like "OH NO!" *Laughs*
Me: Yeah, that's all that really annoys me.
Abi: I think you can be quite... not opinionated but sometimes you can be stuck in your way of thinking. Like you sometimes struggle to see other peoples points of view, I think you find it difficult?
Me: *High Pitch* I'm working on that though.
Abi: You're a lot better than what you use to be
Me: I use to be very black and white thinking.
Abi: Yeah whereas now you're more open minded.
Me: My therapist told me that.
Abi: *Laughs*
Me: He did.

Q10) Do you hang out and do things together?

Abi: Yeah, when we can.
Me: Yeah we do when we can. I'm always like "Abi do this with me"
Abi: and I'm like "Nooo"
Me: You're really busy at the moment, you rarely have free time, you're doing A-levels....
Abi: I'm always like really tired
Me: Yeah you're always tired and ill. Or you're working all the time.
Abi: So when I do get time off, I just kinda wanna do nothing and sleep and not do stuff.
Me: I'm like the opposite. "Abi, Abi, Abi lets do something"
Abi: but when we do do things together, like when I was really down a few months ago, you made me get up and do things to the point where I was like falling asleep on the bus because I was that tired.. That was after Swimming.
Me: Oh yeah and you was like "How do you swim?" I was like "It's easy"
Abi: *Laughs* "How do you swim?"
Me: I'd thought you would do more than me because I thought you was fitter than me.
Abi: No I don't have a lot of muscle.
Me: When I got you to go to the gym with me and you couldn't do the lowest weights
Abi: Yeah and that women said I was puny.
Me: *Laughs* Yeah you never went back to the gym. We do do quite a lot together, even if it's little things, like I'll cook dinner for us both.
Abi: Sometimes we'll just sit downstairs and watch a film.
Me: We watched Frozen, didn't we?
Abi: That was well fun, I like that film

Q11) Are you competitive?

Both: No. *Laughs*
Me: Not at all. We're really not competitive at all.
Abi: We're actually more the opposite.
Me: The only thing I can think of that is slightly competitive but it's not really. I'm always like "Can you do my hair" because you always do your hair really nice.
Abi: It's more when you say "I really like your hair and your make-up I wish my hair was like that"
Me: Yeah. It's not really me being competitive, I don't try and make my hair better than yours I just always wonder how you do it so nice.
Abi: When we was younger I always got jealous because I use to think Mum liked you more and I'd become really competitive because I wanted to be the liked child. I'd get really jealous of you.
Me: That's really weird, because when I was like 16 you'd get really jealous of me and then a few years ago when you was 16 I was really jealous of you. Now we've just learnt to accept each other.
Abi: We're not competitive though.
Me: No we're not.
Abi: When it comes to games, we don't get competitive we just have fun with it.
Me: Yeah, we're just like whatever, we couldn't care less who wins or loses.
Me: I can't even think of one thing we're competitive about?
Abi: No, neither can I. We're really laid back.
Me: but to be honest, I'm not really competitive with anyone.
Abi: Neither am I.
Me: I just can't be bothered. If i'm playing a game with someone who competitive, then I will purposely try and lose just so they win.
Abi: Yeah like Matt. Matt is competitive.
Me: Yeah he's very competitive.

Q12) Have you ever fancied your siblings friends?

Abi: *Laughs* The truth comes out now.... No I don't actually know. I think I fancied....what was his name? erm Daniel Butler or something?
Me: Oh did you?
Abi: I think I did
Me: You kind of fancied Joe?
Abi: Who?
Me: Joe.
Abi: Who's that? *Giggles*
Me: Jakes friend, Joe.
Abi: Ohhhhh yeahhhh, I remember that.
Me: When I was at school, I was kind of friends with him, you fancied him a bit. Didn't you go out with him?
Abi: No.
Me: Actually I use to fancy, he wasn't really your friend though. I think he was more Amy's friend.
Abi: Ohhh. What? Rhees Smith? *Laughs* BRIGHT BLUE EYES!
Me: I never spoke to him or never met him but I just knew of him and I quite liked him.
Abi: Yeah that's about it
Me: I think because most of our friends were girls, because If I did this with Matt then I'd be like yeah I fancied nearly all your friends *Laughs*
Abi: Really?
Me: Yeah.

Q13) One thing you can do that your sibling can't?

Abi: I've got bendy thumbs.
Me: I can cook.
Abi: I CAN cook, just not as well as you.
Me:....Okay.
Abi: You can lift weights. I can't.
Me: Yeah but that's something you can learn (I meant train towards)
Abi: You can do that weird eye thing.
Me: What weird eye thing?
Abi: Where you flip your eyelids up, that's disgusting.
Me: Can you not do that?
Abi: No I can't, that's disgusting.
Me: Let's just say like a skill?
Abi: Can you do a handstand?
Me: I use to, probably can't anymore.
Abi: I've never been able to do a handstand.
Me: I haven't done one in freaking ages though.
Abi: I can read fast.
Me: Yeah I'm a really slow reader.I think this question should be more like, skills you're better at than each other. Like I'm better at cooking and you're better at.......dancing?
Abi: Not really, not like serious dancing.
Me: No but still, you're a good dancer, if you was to train you'd be really good. I'd be bad, my rhythm and timing is terrible. You're good at games, I'm rubbish at games.
Abi: Yeah I'm really good at....I'm not really good but I am good at games.
Me: Compared to me.
Abi: but you're really bad.
Me: You play xbox games, I hate xbox games.
Abi: You're like "oooo what does this do?"
Me: The only games I can play are like simulation games. I like logical games like sudoku (Even though that's not even a game Becky)
Abi: Yeah I'm not good at logic games.
Me: I like brain teasers like professor layton. 
Abi: I really liked Ace Attorney.
Me: Yeah that wasn't too bad. but you like Assassin's Creed, Fable and all of that kind
Abi: Adventure games.
Me: I'm rubbish at those.

Q14) Who is better looking?

Abi: *Laughs*
Me: Easily you! Easily!
Abi: That's a horrible question.
Me: It's true though, C'mon admit it.
Abi: You was really good looking though when you was like 16
Me: Really?
Abi: I was still like really childish looking and you had curves and big boobs and long blonde hair and you use to look so pretty all the time.
Me: Yeah but face wise, who has the better face? I think you've got the better face
Abi: but we look quite similar?
Me: I don't think we do. I've got a really round face and even though you've got chubby cheeks like me you've still got an oval face. Your structure, your nose is the right size, your chin is, like my chin is really.. like....
Abi: Your chin is the same as mine!
Me: It's not.
Abi: Yeah it is, we have like the same chin.
Me: but think of it this way, if we were to go out and ask 100 people who was better looking who would they say the most?
Abi: but that's because like......
Me: *Whispers* Don't make excuses.
Abi: but people our age prefer really skinny people don't they?
Me: but if we just took a picture of our faces?
Abi: Our faces?
Me: Yeah, It would still be you.
Abi: I don't know.
Me: You know they would! It's ok to admit you're better looking Abi, I'm not going be like "I hate you for saying that"
Abi: *Laughs* No, it's just I don't think you're not good looking.
Me: I'm not saying you think I'm not good looking, just out of the two of us, you've got the better looks.
Abi: *Mumbles* ...Okay
Me: It's true.

Q15) Who is the most creative?

Abi: Probably you.
Me: Yeah i'm gonna admit to that one.
Abi: I'm not very creative, I'm not very good at drawing, you're not good a drawing?
Me: I'm crap at drawing.
Abi: but you're good at making like Christmas cards...
Me: I'm creative because I like to be creative (I don't even know how that makes any sense?)
Abi: I'm more imaginative
Me: Yeah you're imaginative and I'm creative. 
Abi: If we put our brains together, we could be a really good Artist.
Me: Yeah we could if one of us could draw. I'm creative in the sense I like to make videos, or photoshopping; I like to edit photos and make pictures.
Abi: I'm too lazy for any of that.
Me: I also like to create crafts, like cards. I get these ideas where I get these books and write little quotes in them but because i'm so bad at drawing I wreck it so thats why I prefer using my creativity on the computer.
Abi: I don't really draw.
Me: You're a better drawer than me. Is that even a word? You're better at drawing than me.
Abi: I don't know I'm not that good at drawing.
Me: You're not great, but I remember you went through a phase at about 15 where you was drawing loads. You weren't that bad. I did art at school and whenever it came to drawing I hated it.
Abi: I tried to do art but they put me in an optional one where you had to do it all in your free time and you never got a lesson on it so I stopped doing it.
Me: I liked stuff to do with fabric and creating
Abi: You wanted to be a fashion designer at one point?
Me: Yeah I'd still like to be a fashion designer but I can't draw and you have to draw. It's weird because Nan's really good at drawing.
Abi: I know. Why haven't we got Nan's talent? Nan had to develop hers.
Me: That's what I mean, if you was to have carried on drawing and developed your skill, you'd probably be quite good now.
Abi: Yeah Probably.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say this took me hours to type out, I almost wish we just did a video instead. I'm so glad this post is over, It was fun to do, but not to type out ha! If you really enjoy it that much though I might make another one sometime in far away future! Let me know what you think?

1 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

© 2011 I'm Just Me, Becky King, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena